donderdag 27 januari 2011

Second semester kick-off

In America, a school year in divided into two semesters, which are both divided into two quarters. After a quarter you get your quarter grade but nothing much happens, but after the first semester, it is almost like a new year starting. You get final exams about all that you've learned that semester, you can change your whole schedule if you feel like it, and some people even graduate halfway through the year.

On one hand I was really excited to go in the second semester, change some classes and just do something different again. On the other hand, however, I'm freaking out. We're in the second half now, basketball season is almost over which means that we're almost switching to the third and last sports season and there are so many more things to do before I go home! It just seems to get so much closer, and the feelings I have about leaving are so double, I don't know haha.

Anyway, back to subject. I did some major schedule changing! I changed to a different photograpy class, dropped out of Drawing and got in Encore Choir. I changed Geoscience to Biology and got in a different Spanish 1 class. I'm starting off both blue and gold days with either mixed choir or encore choir now, which is so chill, and my second period is either photography or orchestra, which gives me some time to wake up. I love my new schedule!

The conditioning for track started this week and conditioning for Softball will start in February. I decided to try both and see what will happen. I really want to do softball so I can be on a time, but they're doing try-outs and I've heard they are actuallt cutting people, so if that doesn't work out I will just run in Track. I'm excited to finally do a sport again.

Well that was it for today, I guess. See you later!

x

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten