vrijdag 13 augustus 2010

Vegas baby!

So much went by since my last blog - we're already a week ahead. Sorry for that haha. No more saying that I will update my blog more often because I keep saying that and never do it.

Another week in Nevada.. wow, it's going so fast! I'm still enjoying myself. First of all, I went to soccer practice for the first time. It was indoor soccer, because in the daytime it is simply too hot to play here. I was really nervous to mess up but the team wasn't pro either, so I had much fun and now I'm sure I want to play soccer for my sport here. Tomorrow (saturday) is the next practice. Outside this time. At 7 o'clock in the morning. Wish me luck!

I also spent many time hanging out with other exchange students. I am so happy to be here! It's like the perfect location - the middle of nowhere but very close to Las Vegas, and also really close to Arizona, Utah and California.. and most important; the huge amount of exchange students around here. Some people are with two or three other people in the whole state but there are already over 100 people here in southern Nevada, which is really nice, especially now because school hasn't started yet.

Talking about school, yesterday I went to my school for the very first time, to register. American High school is amazing! There is no way that you walk around the hallways and forget where you are. The whole school is covered with pirates and other school spirit stuff. Everything is painted in the school colors and pictures of sport teams and so on are spread over the walls. I'm so excited to start school! I'm so happy with the classes I picked - no boring stuff for me anymore. I picked US History, Geoscience, Creative writing, Orchestra, Choir, Digital photography and Art of course. Oh, and algebra.. but I'm going to try to take Spanish instead. I don't enjoy math. At all. Anyway, those other 7 classes are all classes I really wanted to take! So excited!

And, last but not least.. Yesterday I saw the strip in Vegas! We drove up to Vegas to pick up my new host sister, Caro from Germany. Before we got to the airport we had dinner, then we went to the airport and after that my host parents took us down the strip.. I have no words to describe how big everything was. All the lights, the high buildings. It was even more amazing than I thought it would be. We stopped at the Vegas sign but all the other pictures were taken from the car, because we couldn't stop, but I saw so much! The statue of liberty, the eiffel tower, Ceasar's palace.. Can't wait to go up there again!

Well that was it for now guys, I'll keep you updat.. oh, wait. I wouldn't say that anymore. Anywayyyyy... see you later!

Cille

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten