zondag 24 oktober 2010

HOMECOMING 2010

And there we are, sunday, October 24th, the very end of an amazing homecoming week!
Friday was the game. When the varsity football team is playing, you can always expect something big out there, I mean hello, it's America, but during homecoming, I was told that everything was even bigger! So I was really excited to see the game.
When I came home after school, Blake called me to tell me we were going to Las Vegas to buy me a dress. Nope, I didn't have one yet, the last day before the dance. So I got in the car with her and her mom and we drove to Vegas. I bought a dress, shoes, and something like a jacket to go with it (don't know the word for it), and a purse. After months of worrying about what to wear to the dance and stuff, I was done in an hour. Thanks for helping out Blake! After that, we went to Starbucks and had coffee and ate dinner. When we drove back to the game, we were kind of late, which made us miss encore choir's performance. Sorry guys.
It was amazing. The place was decorated, the football players were wearing their homecoming jerseys, cheer was cheering, dance was dancing, like always, just like a movie. I had so much fun! After that I went home, I hung out with Caro, Blake and Tina and went to bed.


The day after was the day of the dance. I was so extremely nervous and I still don't know why!
At around noon, my date Nathan picked me up to go shooting. With some other people, we went out in the desert and I shot some amazing guns. It was the second time in my life I ever went shooting but I love it! My right shoulder still hurts, but it was worth it. After that we went to the MacDonalds and to Cameron's place, where we watched part of a movie. After that it was time for me to go back home and get ready for the dance. I waited for Blake to come home from her date and went over to her house, where she did my hair and make-up. I put on my dress and ran back home, where my date was already waiting for me.. Awkward. So I went inside, Linda took some
pictures and I got in the car to the dance.
The dance was amazing. The girls were wearing a dress and the boys were wearing a shirt and church pants and everything that would be considered formal. There was punch like in the movies, there was slow dancing like in the movies and you could get your pictures taken. I had a blast. The dance was from 7 to 10 which was kind of.. new haha, and it went by way too fast, but I had the best time.
After the dance I watched a movie with Nathan and went back home. I had a great day!

Homecoming week was awesome!

I'm still waiting for some pictures, so as soon as I have the good ones I will post them here!

xxxx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten