woensdag 20 oktober 2010

Sweet 16 & San Francisco!

Two really important things I have to tell about, and you know what.. I was planning on being lazy again and to wait for another month or so, but then I realized that this week is homecoming week, which definitely deserves its own post at the end of the week.. So let's just get it over with because I need to start doing my homework!

Monday October 4th, 2010.. A great day in history. My 16th birthday!
When I told my friends back home that I was going to go to the USA in this year, the first thing they said that I was totally ruining my most important birthday of my life. In Europe 16 means party, in America it means.. drivers licence? Yeah that's something, but that doesn't even apply for foreign exchange students. So I gotta admit, I wasn't as excited as I should have been, but once it started coming up I got the feeling back again. And I had an AWESOME day! It started of with loads of rain - which was probably the first time I've really seen a lot of rain out here - , making the waters in the valley flood, which looked awesome and was really exciting sitting on the schoolbus to Las Vegas to play a soccer game. I was riding the bus in the front and talking to Maaike, when suddenly my whole soccer team started singing happy birthday! Arrived in Vegas, we totally beat Adelson, by 7-2. It was an amazing game.. When I got back home late in the evening, I celebrated my birthday with my host family and Jackie and Richard's family. I got great gifts and had an amazing evening. And then there was a bunch of letters and packages from back home.. I felt overloaded. I was so happy with everything! This was the best sweet 16 after all! Thanks everybody!

However.. the real party hadn't started yet. That was all up to SAN FRANCISCO!
On October 7th we left from Las Vegas. An amazing view, seeing Las Vegas by night out of a plane, I can tell you that! We arrived in San Francisco and went to our hotel. I shared a room with Tina (Norway), Caro (Germany) and Sarah (Switzerland). It was amazing! We had a lot of fun. In the 3 days we spent there, I saw so much! We did a lot of bus tours which gave us the opportunity to see the whole city without having to walk for hours and hours which I really appreciated with my lazy but.. I saw the golden gate bridge which was as amazing as in the pictures, we even drove over the golden gate bridge! We went to Alcatraz, which used to be a prison on an island, just in the bay of San Francisco. All the psychos went there, because there was no way of getting out, even though you could see the city easily from out there. That was fun too :) I did a lot of shopping.. Maybe a bit too much.. but everything's cheaper here! If you ever want to go shopping and you can't go to Vegas; go to San Francisco! We had dinner in China town (yeah! Chinese! haha) and a lot of Starbucks.. I had the best weekend ever. Thank you weather for being so perfect and not cover the whole city in fog, I truly loved it! We could actually see the bridge. Thanks everybody for making this such a good trip!

Lovely how blogger is helping my out uplouding my pictures right now.. I tried three times and I give up now. Pics are on my facebook! Check that out! Maybe I'll try to post them later :)

Prepare, because NEXT WEEKEND there will be a post about HOMECOMING! I'm right in the middle of it all right now, but I'm not telling anything! Ha!

See ya laterrrrr

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten