vrijdag 16 juli 2010

So long, goodbye

It was just this morning when I started packing and I suddenly realized I was actually leaving for a year. Yes, I knew this moment would be coming when I signed up for a High School Year many, many months ago, but when I looked at my suitcase and I realized that all my stuff would never, ever fit in that thing, it was kind of like a shock to me to realize that I am leaving everything behind now. I don’t want to sound dramatic or something, but it’s the truth. I am writing this in my bedroom – but it’s not like my bedroom anymore. Everything is cleared for my little brother to move in. The only things left are the computer, the drum set, my class picture on the wall and some other stuff I have no idea about of where to leave it.

The last few weeks have been amazing. I can’t remember the last time I was bored – I have done so many things in only a few weeks, I can hardly remember what I did. My school trip to Dublin, the trip to Paris with my family and most importantly the surprise party Tamar, Sabina and Anne gave me and so much more.. If I could I’d write so much about it, but it’s almost 1 a.m. now, which means I have to get up in six hours in order to arrive in Amsterdam on time, and there’s no way I’m going to miss this flight!

That is also the reason that this message is very short. It’s just a goodbye message to all of my amazing friends and family here in this small country – thank you all so much for the amazing time here, and when I come back we’ll have it just like now again! I will miss you more than I ever expected to, I will never forget you and we’ll keep in contact! I’ll be back in not more than eleven months and I promise; it will go by so much faster than you think.

And to all of the people spread out all over the world doing a High school year next year, and of course to ALL of the people in the States – HERE I COME! Prepare.. hahaha.

Tomorrow (actually today, but I still have to sleep so I’ll just say tomorrow), I will be leaving Amsterdam and fly to Munich at 1:20 P.M. After that (I don’t know what time, oh how stupid could you be), I’ll fly from Munich to Boston, from where we will be picked up and brought to Bryant University to have the most amazing Language & Culture camp EF has ever known! And after that I’ll be flying to Nevada, but I’ll post a message about that somewhere in the coming two weeks.
Everybody doing a High School Year, I hope you all will have an amazing time, get the best out of it just like I will, and may all your dreams come true! People staying home.. have an amazing year as well! Enjoy all the friends, family, music festivals and concerts and other events I will miss, and in a year I’ll be back and I can come along again haha. Oh and before I forget to mention; in four years we WILL be world champion. But we’ll see in four years, let’s focus on coming year for now.

I will miss all of you!

Take care,
Cille

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten