woensdag 28 juli 2010

United Skates & Newport

When I was about 8 years old, I used to have my own pair of inline-skates and I would go out on the street and just skate. I used to be pretty good at it (which in my case means that I could go for 2 meters without falling), so when we arrived at the 'United Skates of America', a place where people can go and have fun when they really can't come up with anything better. You could rollerskate, do wallclimbing or lasertag. I wanted to go wallclimbing and rollerskating, but when I came in I found out that the wall that you could climb was really not much higher than 3 meters, so I decided to just go rollerskating. When Camilla and I were standing in line to get our skates, we were laughing at people trying to rollerskate.. it looked so easy. However, when we got our skates on and tried to get to the floor, all we could do is have respect for the people who were actually able to stay on their feet without falling. I've never had so much fun, I totally sucked at it.
I ended up spending most of my time in the middle of the floor, where you could buy drinks and just watching people. The skates hurt my feet but it was a really nice experience! At the end of the evening we danced with the whole group, which was a lot of fun. When we came back it was almost curfew time, so I stayed outside for some minutes, took a shower and went straight to bed.

The day after, Tuesday the 27th, we went to Newport. We left in the morning. I fell asleep in the bus, and suddenly woke up to an overdose of light. I opened my eyes and looked left and right, and all I saw was the sea. We were crossing a bridge and the view was amazing. When the bus stopped, I immediately left for the beach with some friends of mine. We actually wanted to go kayaking, but we decided to rest at the beach first, and ended up not leaving the beach until we really had to. I didn't swim because I hadn't brought my bikini, but the beach smelled so bad that I didn't really care. It was beautiful though. The Brazilians hated it, because they compared it to their own beach, but so did I, and compared to the beach in the Netherlands, pretty much everything looks good!
After spending too much time in the sun, we had dinner in some Panini place. It was good. I was having a good time until I went to the restroom and saw my face in the mirror. It was totally red. It's not as red as it was yesterday now so I will be ok. It was an amazing day after all. My first (and hopefully not my last day) at the American coast!

At last, I want to wish Keeley a happy birthday! Sweet seventeen! :)

I'm going to have to get back to my last class now, this evening we will have a volleyball tournament with all classes! Hope we will win. Don't think so haha.

Love, Cille

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten