maandag 15 november 2010

Jongens, heb je 't al vernomen..

.. sinterklaas is niet aangekomen!

The whole 'Sinterklaas' thing back home, I never really thought it was that special. I wanted christmas, like everybody else in the world. Instead, we would sing for some saint, looking very much like santa, but different. Getting help from black slaves instead of deer. And instead of getting treats in our socks hanging by the chimney, we would get it in our shoes STANDING by the chimney. It just didn't make any sense to me.

But now I'm here, and Sinterklaas just "arrived" in the Netherlands. The annoying songs we sang each year (if we didn't, we wouldn't get our candy and gifts) are stuck in my head now and there is nothing that I want more than chocoladekruidnoten right now. It's sad. Haha, no, I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I can't wait for christmas, I finally get to celebrate it like you're supposed to, but just saying, Dutch people; enjoy those stupid songs, jumping little children, and all the kruidnoten and pepernoten and tai tai that you can possibly handle.. because Sinterklaas is pretty cool. Just saying.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten