woensdag 10 november 2010

Long Live America

I have learned a lot of new things about both America and Europe since I got here. I have found some things about Europe I really like better than here - things that I never really enjoyed back home because I never really noticed I had them - but also a lot of things about America that we are definitely missing in Europe.
One of those things is how American people will always find a reason to take one or more days off from work or school. Take this month, November; we only have one full week of school this month. We had a few days off last week, I don't remember why but who really cares anyway, tomorrow and friday is Veterans day, so two more days off, and then at the end of the month, there's thanksgiving. I know both of these holidays are really important and go deep in the history of the country, but is definitely not something you'd find back home. We get off for fall, chirstmas, eastern and summer. That's about how spiritual we are.
Yea, I'm enjoying this. God bless America!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten